Hello 2019. You came in so quickly that here I am two days into the new year, and am just now beginning to think through my intentions for this year. I am a big believer that putting your thoughts/goals out into the world make them a part of your reality(& so this post was born).
Before we dive into 2019, I’ve got to say, holy moly was 2018 a year. 2018 tested me more than I ever thought it would. There were big changes in my career. In my attempt to grow I left a job I really enjoyed and was comfortable at, for a job at a different agency. Almost immediately I knew the role and company were not what I thought I had walked into. I buried my feelings deep and told myself it was simply new job jitters.
Things got progressively worse week by week. And all of a sudden I was no longer able to bury my feelings. I knew I was not in the right place, and with many other things also going on in my life, I took stock of the situation and got out of there. I needed time to unpack my emotions from the daily stress(& daily tears) my job was bringing me.
For the past month I have focused on going back to the basics. I’m taking time to figure out what I really want and time to figure out what my next move will be.
I am 26 and am currently working in a restaurant by night and writing my blog by day. This is never where I thought I would end 2018. But I have to say, waking up and choosing me everyday for the past month is just the reset my mind needed.
While my professional life may have been a roller coaster in 2018, in my personal life some absolutely magical things happened. To name a few: moving in with Joel, traveling to New Orleans, Colorado, and Austria, and adopting our precious kitten Cleopatra.
The other day I saw a sign that said:
“just enjoy where you are now”
And that is just what I am trying to do. I’m slowly letting go of expectations I have imposed on myself and am embracing 2019. I could not think of a better time for a new year.
1. Tune into my body
2. Consume more leafy greens
3. Continue mantra meditation daily
4. Put the blog blinders on(I’m working on looking ahead instead of beside me)
5. Establish as an LLC
6. Share more raw blog posts
7. Learn how to cook the perfect steak
8. Streamline apartment organization
9. Do more solo things(that make me feel like the truest me)
10. Channel patience and persistenceLastly thank you for supporting Katelyn Dupree! Your engagement and support never goes unnoticed, and I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. Thank you & I can’t wait to continue to connect with you in 2019!