Temps have officially plummeted here in Chicago. In turn all I want to do is start putting together warm weather outfits. Sadly, there typically is not warmish(I’m talking 40 degrees or higher) weather in Chi until March if we’re lucky.
Having shiny new warm weather pieces hanging in my closet sounds like pure torture. So I have turned to the pieces in my closet that bring me joy no matter how many times I wear them. These pieces are my old faithfuls, and are going to get me through the rest of this winter! My old faithfuls are kind of all over the place, and are by no mean typical “wardrobe staples”. But throughout the years these items have served me well. Not only do they fit my body and make me confident, but they are versatile.
MY TOP 10 GO-TO PIECES IN MY CLOSET
1. Everlane Cheeky Straight Jeans: These Everlane jeans fit like a dream. They are high waisted and fitted in all the right places. The ankle length is perfect for all my petite girls. I went up a size for a not so tight fit.
2. Leather Tote: The tote of all tote bags. The size is the perfect not too big size, but still fits my 13 inch laptop. The length of the straps are just the right length, which make a bigger difference than you would think! This is my go-to work bag, as well as my preferred handbag to carry-on when traveling.
3. Black Pima Stretch Turtleneck: The pair with everything basic we all need in our closet. This version of the classic black turtleneck is fitted in all the right places. I love this turtleneck paired with my straight leg jeans and sneakers or booties depending on my mood!
4. Roundish Ray-Ban Dupe Sunnies: My FAVE sunnies, & they’re under $15!
5. Flattering Slip Dress: Maybe the most versatile item on this list. Here are a few ways I wear it on the reg:
– Solo with layered gold necklaces and booties or pumps for a chic look
– With a fitted white t shirt underneath paired with white sneakers and hoop earrings
– With a fitted black turtleneck underneath and a black belt
6. Oversized Denim Jacket: Anybody else love denim on denim as much as me? I love this oversized fit to add an instant cool girl effortlessness to any outfit.
7. Wide Leg Pants: For when you want to look put together, but feel like you are wearing sweatpants. I ALWAYS travel in pants like this. The leopard patterned pair is my current fave!
8. Fun Graphic Tee: Similar to the slip dress, these are so versatile!
9. White Sneakers: my white tennis shoes are the most worn shoes in my closet hands down. They are literally the only pair of shoes I wore in Europe last fall and I didn’t hate it. I love the chunkier look to these white sneakers for this spring!
10. Leather Loafers: This timeless shoe is never going out of style.
And that’s that! What are the items in your closet you can’t get enough of?
p.s. If you like this post you might also like: How To Style A Plaid Blazer