This week is quarantine week number eight for me. I feel my emotions(happy and sad) to the utmost degree in “normal life,” and to be honest I didn’t think it was even possible to feel them more. But here I am with daily mood swings that are more powerful and more unexpected. The unexpected scares me. Thinking about what our “normal” will be in the near future is daunting. Thinking that the job I enjoyed walking into everyday might never be the same is paralyzing. The thing about mood swings is for every daunting and paralyzing moment there are also moments of sheer joy and happiness.
These Are The Things Making Me Happy
1. The Zara basic black tank I am wearing in the above photos.
2. Browsing vintage chachkies on Etsy.
3. Lighting a candle with a long match.
4. Going on a long walk.
5. Experimenting with being an at home bartender. Did I just become a dirty martini girl??
7. Making comforting recipes from my childhood.
8. Applying my makeup with this microfiber velvet sponge.
9. Ben Platt’s Netflix special.
10. Watching the Morning Toast daily.
11. Self Tanning(these products are the best).
12. Looking at chicken coops on Pinterest.
13. Blueberry bagel(toasted), peanut butter, banana, & jam.
14. Rewatching Grey’s Anatomy while I work on blog admin tasks.
15. Playing Yahtzee with Joel.
17. Tall white athletic socks with bike shorts.
18. Riding in the car.
19. Mini cans of diet coke.
20. Filling our mostly empty apt walls.
21. Talking to my mom on the phone.
22. Chobani hazelnut coffee creamer.
23. Putting on a breezy summer dress.
24. Adding 39439482 books to my want to read list on Good Reads.
25. Looking at before and afters of forehead botox.
26. Watching the morning sun move across my living room.
27. Watermelon White Claw.
28. Cat eye sunglasses.
29. Ice rolling in the morning.
30. Steam mopping my floors, ahhh so satisfying.
31. Experimenting with new beauty techniques(this week it’s soap brows).
32. Watering my plants.